Friday, September 11, 2026

Book Review - How Will You Measure Your Life?

 I recently got around to finishing reading the book "How will you measure your life" by Clayton Christensen, James Allworth, and Karen Dillon. I have read other books by Clayton Christensen and have met him in church settings (when I lived on the East coast). He seemed very thoughtful and had a lot of good insight that I appreciated so I decided to give this book a go.


I wish I had read this earlier in my life (during college, or shortly after) when I was younger and was starting my family. There were a lot of lessons to learn about how to set goals, make intentional decisions, and work for the desired outcomes versus taking the easy path in life.

The authors present different scenarios encountered by businesses and relates the lessons learned to business and personal life. The first half of the book I got a little bored, and stopped reading for a while but the second half was much better. There were a few chapters on raising your children intentionally and on helping them to develop the things they will need to succeed in life which were very powerful and inspiring.

There were a few time where the stories felt a bit repetitive or boring, but overall I would recommend this book to anyone high school and older to help you to reflect on and plan your life to be full of meaning and purpose. I hope that I have changed from learning the lessons in this book. 

No comments: