Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Must Have OCD

So I normally do these little things like count the number of steps in each staircase I ever walk on and keep my school books stacked smallest to tallest on my desk. You know, I'm very certain about the way some things should be done. I just found another thing that I've begun doing.

I look at license plates and try to find patterns in them. Over the past few days, I've been noticing myself looking at every license plate I pass while I walk Shanna to and from the bus stop every morning. Today I found something interesting, at least to me. Out of 74 license plates that I was able to look at and read, 67 of them featured either the letter X, K(which looks awfully similar to X), or J. So that's about 90.5% of the cars on my street with a Virginia license plate. The pattern only occurs on Virginia license plates. If I included all of the Massachusetts, Maryland, and New York plates, the percentage would go way down. So, if you move to Alexandria, VA and get license plates, 9 out of 10 times, the plates will have an X, K, or J on it. I think this post solidifies my status as nerd.

3 comments:

Carrie Selin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Selin said...

In response to your comment about my wildlife rescuing activities - I did NOT chase the quail into the mouth of a hungry stalking cat. If I did - where were all the feathers? I know the birds are safe because I later saw the quail on the other side of the road near their "nest home". Grandma can vouch for that. And as for the reality show - I'm game! Do you want to be my camera man?

evans said...

Mom, you're supposed to post your comments on your blog, because it is a response to your post. See? If you wanted to comment on my OCD blog post, this is where you would leave it.