Saturday, May 31, 2008

Book Review: Shadow of the Giant


Shadow of the Giant is the final book in the Shadow Series by Orson Scott Card, although there is talk of another book being published in the future. I felt that it did a very good job of tying up the loose ends while continuing to hold my attention. New events kept unfolding throughout the entire book although I could see everything heading towards the finale. Like in all of his books, Card excellently relates the reader to the feelings and emotion of the characters, especially in the conclusion of this story. I've never cried while reading a book before, but this one probably brought me the closest. Not in a mushy or cheesy way though.

The story was very interesting as were all of the others in the series. While it is the final book in the series, the author left many things unfinished which I presume will be tied up in the forthcoming book Shadow in Flight. He left the hero's future as well as that of a newborn baby being raised by an enemy to the imagination of the reader for now at least. It's a very good read that sparks personal thought on government, war, and families. I give the book a 3 on a scale of 3.

No comments: