Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bird Watching

The house here in Idaho provides us with the chance to see some pretty birds.  For example, today we were looking out the window when we saw about 3 or 4 western tanagers.  Of course we didn’t know that’s what they were until we watched them for a while and then looked up what they were on the internet.  (The internet is so smart!)  If you’re wondering what a western tanager is, see below.tanager This is not to be confused with the western teenager, which is shown here. (Although this specimen looks like she may be no more than a western tweenager)teenager

This place also has an abundance of red-winged blackbirds, which look really neat when they zoom past your car.

red-winged_blackbird_F5R8693

Hopefully we’ll see some more neat birds before the summer is over.

2 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

I'm jealous!

Christensens said...

I suppose I DID see a few of those tweenagers when I was in Idaho. I'm afraid I may have been one of them (a LONG time ago). I have seen mountain bluebirds there a few times when Milt's parents had bird feeders out.