Sunday, May 11, 2008

Flossing Tips for the Kiddies

Ok all you kiddies...Here's an unsubstantiated fact that I heard at work this week. This one comes form my boss Lynn. Apparently, humans live 3 years longer on average if they floss their teeth daily. I guess this means that while I will live to a ripe age of 75, Shanna will last until she's 83. I could floss daily and increase my expectancy to 78, but is three years really worth all of the time put into flossing?...3 minutes daily for my life. If I floss every day of my life for 50 years from today that's like 54750 minutes, 912.5 hours, 38 days, devoted to just flossing my teeth. Maybe I'll just put in a few all nighters and get those 38 days out of the way early on so I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Now, I'm not saying this "flossing fact" isn't true, I'm just saying that I don't think I believe it...unless you can show me some proof. But for now, I'm still a weekly flosser.

1 comment:

Kevin_Amold said...

Well, we might also live longer if we both gave up smoking too.......